Friday, November 2, 2007

Nothing to hide!

Cheryl Haskins' complaint against me to the Public Disclosure Commission was what we in the tech industry like to call an attempt to spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt). She apparently thought I'd be discredited by having to disclose my expenditures on lawn signs and my website, and while I haven't seen the actual complaint yet, I've been told that it accuses me of being massively funded by outside interests... like she is. Sorry, but I've filed the proper form and the PDC considers this "investigation" closed. I think it's pretty ironic that someone who spent $655 of his own money to express his First Amendment rights is forced to deal with accusations of misconduct, while someone who's receiving 95% of her record-setting campaign funding from outside the city has gotten by with virtually no scrutiny, until I exposed the situation (and the Renton Reporter and Seattle Times finally reported on it).

In addition, the malicious attempt to implicate me in the theft and defacement of her signs has really backfired, now that one of Cheryl's supporters is apparently the person who was seen "stealing" a sign (who knows what the real story is, but Cheryl's campaign filed the police report). At some point, I hope to be able to laugh about the whole thing.

Anyway, the point is, I have been exonerated, and Cheryl's candidacy continues to implode.

Here are scans of my PDC paperwork, in case anyone's interested:

No comments: